Wednesday 23 May 2012

Good Morning!

Inventive blog post title, I know! I'm going to keep this post short and sweet, as I know you won't want to be bombarded with my usual long, rambling thoughts this early in the morning...

Today I have decided to get up early, and treat it like a normal working day - which means writing from 8am to around 4pm. I'm actually quite looking forward to it - I really want to see if I'll be able to stay motivated, and also see how much further on with my novel I'll get...

I'm also tempted to set a deadline for when I should have completed the first draft of this novel. However, I know that I'm no good at sticking to my own deadlines (if it's coursework, I'm fine, in fact I always like to hand it in early!), but I'm hoping that if I post my progress on here, it may keep me motivated to keep going...

What do you think? Does setting your own deadlines help you with your writing? Do you manage to stick the deadlines that you set?

Let me know what you think!

Xx

4 comments:

  1. For me, setting realistic goals is the key. Emotional goals seldom deliver. As John Lennon once said, "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very helpful piece of advice, Jeremy! Thanks! I'm definitely going to try and keep that in mind as I write!

      Delete
  2. I always set deadlines for myself. I very seldom make any of them but I shudder to think what would happen if I didn't set my own deadlines.

    Good luck and have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's good organisational practice! Even if you don't make them, at least it'll motivate you to try and make them...if that makes sense lol. I think I might try and implement them into my own WIP so I don't get bored...again! Good luck :)!

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting and meeting new people :). Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS