Monday 1 December 2014

So, you wanna know what I've been up to lately...?

You know you probably need a break from, well, everything, when you enter the below story into a Flash Fiction competition. The rules were simple: it had to been 100 words or less, and it had to be vaguely 'seasonal' in some way.

So read on! I hope you enjoy my entry ;)...


"The table was set for the feast.
Polished silver cutlery and gleaming plates stood out against the white linen. Steaming dishes full of buttery vegetables, cranberry sauce and rich, thick gravy lay, just waiting to be devoured.
He sat back as his ever-dutiful wife entered, bearing a large platter in her arms. His mouth began to water. She placed the tray carefully in front of him, where he could admire that pink, tender flesh all the more. He had chosen this year's meat well.

He picked up the razor-sharp knife and, slowly, began to carve up that beautiful human head."



Don't ask me where the idea came from - I literally read the email, wondered how I could put a bit of twist in a story of 100 words, and this idea popped up basically fully formed in my head. 

I sincerely hope they can see that I've put a spin on the idea of the traditional Christmas feast, and I'm not just a complete psychopath!

If you don't hear from me in a while though, you know why ;).

Happy 1st December everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Do you know what's weird? I loved it! It was a great twist! I hope you win. It was very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Murees :)! That's lovely to hear - the more I read it, the more paranoid I get that I shouldn't have submitted it! But ah well, too late now!

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting and meeting new people :). Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS