Thursday 29 March 2012

Morning all...

I don't think I've mentioned on here that I've got myself a job. Don't get too excited - it's cleaning a supermarket 4 days a week, from 6-8am. Not too impressed with the hours tbh, but any money is better than no money!

Anyway, the reason I mention it is because on those four days I now have to get up at 5am. Which means on the other three days, I really REALLY don't want to get up. I normally get up at 6.45am to have breakfast with the Other Half before he wanders off to work, but this week, I've been sleeping in til about 9am  -I know it's not too good to mess up your sleeping pattern so much, but I'm just so damn tired from waking up early the other days of the week!

Anyway, point of this pointless story is, I have another piece of coursework due in tomorrow. Nothing major, just 1000 word report, but I still haven't started it....I don't normally leave my coursework so late, but tbh, my major project took a lot of me - all I wanted to do this week is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Which is exactly what I did do. I thought I'd get up at 7am today and crack on with it....but no. Instead I slept in til 9am and now I'm finding it hard to be motivated over anything....however, one thing my major project did teach me, is that I think I work better at night. I used to wake up early with the intention of doing work all day, but I just couldn't force myself to do it. So it would get to about 4pm and suddenly I'd have a flash of inspiration and I could work until about 10pm or 11pm. I'm going to try and not do that today, but I probably will...

And I keep thinking that it's only 1000 words...after my major project, that literally seems like nothing. My major project itself was 10,000 words. The reflective report (without the appendices or bibliography) was 11,000. So you can see why I'm not too fussed about 1000 words anymore. I'm aiming on having half of it done by lunchtime....but we'll see :). I'll keep you updated!

Have a great day, everyone!

xx

P.S. This post is 377 words (excluding this post-script), and I wrote it in 10 minutes. If I do this for my report, based on my calculations, the report will take me about 25 minutes to complete....though of course, that's a load of bull because I can't just ramble about anything I want in my report....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love chatting and meeting new people :). Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS