Thursday 19 April 2012

Do you see a pattern here...?

Okay, so at the start of Easter I had all these plans to sit down and write, update my blog, get a few more author interviews done, etc etc....annnd I'm going back to uni today and I'm sorry to say I haven't achieved much over the past two weeks...

Firstly, as I think I've already said, when I tried to work on my manuscript at the start of Easter, I started hating it and I never wanted to see it again...luckily, I think that phase is over now (I opened up my manuscript yesterday and no longer wanted to throw it on the fire), but I still couldn't get into writing it.

As for the blog, I have a confession to make - I've simply been too lazy to post much. Terrible, I know! But once I realised this, I realised something else as well. Like I said, I'm back at uni from today (well, should have been the start of the week, but I only have lectures on Thursdays and Fridays) - and look at that, should I have a miraculous urge to blog and write etc etc. This is a pattern which I seem to follow quite a lot - if I have nothing to do but write, I'll deliberately find anyhting else to do but write, but the second I actually have work to do, all I want to do is write! Ahh, it's a vicious circle....

Anyway, on the plus side, I had an okay day yesterday. I put on 'Twilight' (and yes, I do hate the books and films, but the reason I put them on in the background is cos it gives me the determination to write ANYTHING that's better than that drivel) and it gave me the inspiration to write a scene which suddenly popped into my head. It wasn't anything to do with the novel I'm currently writing, or even any of the novel ideas I've scribbled down - it was just a scene that I had to write about! I'm hoping that more inspiration will come soon, so I can see where this story is going....

Also, after I wrote the scene, it gave me a thought - it is a good idea to work on several different stories at once? I was thinking that if you got bored with one story, you could then just switch and start on another, but would this disrupt your ideas too much? Is it better just to stick with one plot/story so you know you'll get it finished, or is it a good idea to take a break from what you're working on for a a while and write something different? I'd love to know what you think!

Have a great day folks!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love chatting and meeting new people :). Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS