Saturday 25 February 2012

Here we go again...

So, I should be doing coursework. And I will start it....just not right now....ahem...

Instead of doing work, I got a bit distracted by, yup, that's right ANOTHER new story idea.

Don't get me wrong, I love thinking of plot lines/wondering if it can be made into a novel/scribbling it down to remember for later, it's just incredibly frustrating that I can't actually start any of these new ideas yet, because I've got so many others that I'm currently working on!

One day I'll be able to sit down and write for a living, and when that time comes, I can take my time thinking about each story idea and deciding which ones are worth pursuing. It'll take me a while, but I'll be happy knowing that I'll actually have the time to write each one properly.

And if you're thinking, hang on, why not just sit down and bang them all out now? Here's why - because I refuse to sit down and write a book a day, unlike some self-published 'authors' I could mention - because the end result will be a poor, shoddy piece of work that won't make sense and will need an unbelievable amount of editing to make it worthy of publishing (if it's even worth publishing). I want to take my time with my ideas, think them through properly and make sure that there's actually a story there. So many times I've written down a story idea to use for later, but deep down I know that it's not worth it. Sad, but it's all part of being an author - using your own judgement to decide which ideas are or are not good enough to spend time and effort writing.

So how about you? Do you ever think of an idea, but either scrap it later on or do you manage to work it into your novel somehow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love chatting and meeting new people :). Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS