Wednesday 15 February 2012

A Little Good Morning Post...

Just thought I'd write this before I get cracking with my business of the day...coursework.

Everything seems to be kicking up a gear atm - but strangely, I'm not panicking as much as I was. Maybe it's because on Monday, I sat down and literally spent the whole day focusing on uni work, so I feel like I've made a little progress at least. It's not just that though - I very stupidly thought it would be a good idea to start my Authonomy account and this blog right in the middle of all my most important deadlines, as well as returning to writing my novel (what can I say? Joining Authonomy and reading author's tweets on Twitter really inspired to get back into it!). However, I think I'm very VERY slowly finding a balance between life, work and play. It's just a question of keeping that balance and letting myself get utterly stressed out by everything!

In other news, I got a message asking if I'd like to do my very first book swap today on Authonomy :)! Going to be completely honest....not entirely sure what that means, but I assume it's where I put the other person's book on my shelf and read/review it....should probably look into that.

A small note about my reviewing/interviewing idea: it's definitely still happening, but as I keep saying, I probably won't be able to get the ball rolling on that for a few weeks at least. In the meantime, I'm checking out books and authors on Authonomy (no...I'm not stalking them...ahem...) and my watchlist keeps growing bigger, so when I do finally begin, at least I know I've got a good selection to choose from :)!

Have a good day everyone!

X

4 comments:

  1. What is Authonomy? Is it like a book swap for wanna be writers like us? Sounds awesome! Tell me more ( :

    So glad I get to be your second stalker... ahem... follower! I should probably get a gold star for that or something ( ; Haha!

    P.s. Your WIP's sound awesome! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie :)!

      Hooray!! So happy to have another stalker/follower haha! And you're the first person to ever comment on one of my posts...so that's another gold star for you :P!

      Authonomy is a great site for authors - basically you sign up, upload chapters (or if it's finished, the whole thing) of your novel, and people can review/rate it. It's a really great site to get feedback on your work and to connect with other authors :). Here's the link if you wanna check it out: http://www.authonomy.com/

      Thanks for reading my WIPs btw :)!! Dunno if I'll ever get them finished, but that's the plan haha!

      Delete
  2. Wow! You sound like a very busy lady. Thank you so much for following my blog. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Murees :)!
    Haha, I think I;m probably hyping it up tbh! Uni isn't so bad...it's just getting motivated to actually do the work :P!
    Thank you for following me back :)! I'm looking forward to catching up with the digital world and blogging my thoughts/randomness, and reading about yours too, hehe!

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting and meeting new people :). Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS