Tuesday 14 February 2012

Rise and Shine...

I'm still trying to get used to my new wake-up time of 7am (thank you, Other Half), and so far, although it still takes me a while to get going in the mornings, I am finding that I'm getting more done with my day. Take yesterday for example: I got up, had breakfast, showered, did housework and then sat down at my laptop and only moved when I had to go into town mid-morning. Came back, sat back down at the laptop, and that was basically my day.

I can't wait until the day when I can say, 'look, LOOK- I WROTE 70,000 WORDS YESTERDAY, HOORAY FOR ME!', or 'just finished another draft of XXX! Off to send it to my editor now!', or even 'publication date for XXX confirmed! Tune in tomorrow, when I'll be revealing the amazing cover artwork!'

Instead, I have to content myself with slogging through all my coursework, and snatching bits of time here and there to write feverishly. That's what happened yesterday - I spent three quarters of my day working on various pieces of coursework, and then at night, I finally got the chance to work on my novel (although I did get that little voice in my head which started saying in a seductive voice, 'look, Rachel, another story idea....why don't you do this instead...?' and I had to say "DAMN YOU! I'M WORKING ON THIS NOVEL RIGHT NOW! GET BACK IN YOUR BOX AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!")

Ahem...point of the story is - someday soon, I'll be able to write about more interesting things than uni work....until then, you'll have to be content with my moaning/rambling for a little while longer :).

Have a good day, folks!

X


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love chatting and meeting new people :). Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS