Sunday 19 April 2015

N is for...Normality

Welcome back to the A to Z blogging challenge! Apologies for my silence over the past couple of days - I've been trying to get back into the swing of work, while juggling getting the renovations sorted on the house. We're getting there - slowly!



So today's post is all about the letter N!

As I've just mentioned, I've been kept busy this week with work, and with trying to get quotes off builders/decorators for the house. I did try to keep up with the Challenge earlier in the week, but something had to give - and it ended up being my writing.

Since deciding to take my writing seriously, I've gradually learnt that there's no such thing as a 'normal' day. Sure, a routine does massively help me to organise my thoughts and shows me what I 'should' be doing - but here's the thing, a little something called life quite often gets in the way. My to-do list (wether writing related or not) quite often gets longer rather than shorter.

As someone who likes being organised and often shows up 10 minutes early to appointments so there's no way I'll miss it, I don't often cope very well if my writing schedule, or normal everyday routine, is interrupted. But that's just something that we've all got to deal with sometimes.

It's okay if you don't get everything done that you wanted to in a day. Don't stress or beat yourself up over it if you can't find the time to write during the week. Just do what you can, but remember - there's no such thing as a 'normal' time to write - when you write, and how much you can fit in, is up to you. And don't forget, we all need to time to relax as well - so make sure you make time for yourself. Don't make writing a chore or something that needs to be done. You'll have far more fun that way :).

How about you? Do you have a 'normal' routine for writing? What do you do if you can't find the time to write?

2 comments:

  1. No, I don't have a normal routine at all. But as I only work part time, I have plenty of time to write. It's the housework that gets neglected on a busy week - and then I have to rush around all on one day to get the house sorted and the clothes washed!

    Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My housework gets neglected a lot too, I think it's just part of being a writer ;)!

      Delete

I love chatting and meeting new people :). Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS