Wednesday 29 April 2015

Y is for...Yesterday

Today's blog post is brought to you by the letter 'Y'! WE'RE ALMOST THERE!! Can you believe it?!




I was a little stuck about what to write for my 'Y' topic - I could talk about Young Adult books, perceptions/tropes in YA literature...but I wasn't really feeling it. So today I'm going to try my hand at something new, just for fun.

This is a completely off-the-cuff flash fiction story - I hope you like it, but I did try to write this under a time limit, just to see what would happen:


Yesterday I sat in the sunshine with your fingers in my hair; your lips on my lips; your body close to mine. We sat in that summer sun, dizzy and exhilarated with all that life had to offer, with all the foolishness that only young love can bring. We sat in that glorious weather and we felt untouchable.

Today all I have is a memory. The ghost of your lips caressing my cheek; the imprint of your hand upon my arm, the fading of your smile. Today the wind blows and the rain thunders, and yet, even that cannot drown out the howling in my soul.

Today we learnt that no one, not even fools in love, are untouchable.



Happy Wednesday everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Young love is great until it becomes heartbreak.

    Nice flash fiction piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First love is so encompassing, and devastating. You captured it well.

    Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that was haunting. I loved it!

    http://catherinegreenauthor.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/atozchallenge-yield-to-wolf-and-tiger.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poignant. It reminds me of that song that says '"we had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun ..."

    J.L. Campbell - The Character Depot | A-Z Challenge Co-Host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I didn't even think of that song, but now I can't get it out of my head!

      Delete
  5. The best, and saddest, poems and songs are about first loves.

    Congratulations on completing the A to Z blogging challenge! (Well you still have Z, but you will get it!)
    Don’t forget about the A to Z Reflections post coming up in May.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. J.L. took the works out of my mouth. Very poignant, sad, yet true. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting and meeting new people :). Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS